Lesson plan of TP3 Grammar_Jack
Upper Intermediate level
To provide clarification and practice of get used to and be used to in the context of habit changing
To provide accuracy and fluency speaking practice on the topic of habit changing.
Procedure (36-45 minutes)
1. Brainstorm activities Ask Ss to imagine themselves traveling in another country, what challenges or difficult situations they might encounter. Share their thought in the chat messages. 2. Collect their ideas and put them in the jam-board for use in following stage. (link: https://jamboard.google.com/d/1cmsS_J5mG7LDHwDtqX_TjEp2UV0GXciQuk2GdBPLhjk/viewer)
1. Show the picture from the text and briefly introduce the context, then let Ss to read the text and find out the difficulties the writer had. (3min) (Page 2 of jam-board) 2. Have Ss to discuss and peer check their answers in the BOR. (2min) 3.Ss send their answers in message boxes. 4. Teacher reveal the answers in jam-board and do OCFB. (1min)(Page 2 of jam-board) (link: https://jamboard.google.com/d/1cmsS_J5mG7LDHwDtqX_TjEp2UV0GXciQuk2GdBPLhjk/viewer?f=2)
1. Let Ss pinpoint where they find the info needed for answering the questions in each sentence. This is for getting Ss notice the TL. 2. Show them the text again with the TL highlighted. (link: https://jamboard.google.com/d/1cmsS_J5mG7LDHwDtqX_TjEp2UV0GXciQuk2GdBPLhjk/viewer?f=3)
1. Using guided discovery technique to elicit the meaning and form of TL by Google slides and Jam-board; also model the pronunciation of TL. (link: Jam-board: https://jamboard.google.com/d/1cmsS_J5mG7LDHwDtqX_TjEp2UV0GXciQuk2GdBPLhjk/viewer?f=4 Slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1my-xw8lvjFOVwTrrk2W5lnCLQIxQwZbfkqlep0eSpuc/edit?usp=sharing)
1. Have Ss do a fill-in exercise in Google form as the controlled practice of the TL. 2. Peer check their answers by messages. 3. OCFB on wrong answers. (link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vs1EvMfUhFukCt6ohVT6t-2bxQzK4Hy_4ClqxTt3gVE/edit)
1. Have Ss talk to their partner in BOR about things that they was not familiar with before but got used to later, such as wearing a mask when going out now. 2. Monitor by going around to each BOR. 3. OCFB.