For students to practice their gist and detailed listening skills in the context of shopping for clothes.
For students to practice their speaking skills as they discuss their own experience in clothes shopping.
Procedure (40-44 minutes)
1. T. greets and asks Ss how they are. 2. (depending on number of students and time spent on 1) T. asks Ss various questions about the room they are in, their clothes, etc.
1. T. Shows students questions about shopping (with stimulating pictures) and briefly answers one, as an example. 2. Ss. discuss questions in pairs (breakout rooms) as T. monitors. (2 minutes) 3. T. nominates students to share their partner's ideas.
1. T. shows students the slides with questions and gives an example of how to solve them. Then, T. shares the link. 2. Ss work in pairs (breakout rooms) to answer each slide while T. monitors. 3. T. nominates Ss. to share their answers. T. elicits the correct answer from other students if there is confusion. 4. T. goes over pronunciation with the entire group.
1. T. Shares screen to show the google forms students will answer and gives instructions before sharing the link. 2. T. plays audio for the entire group as Ss try to answer google forms.
1. Ss compare answers in pairs (breakout rooms) as T. monitors
1. T. nominates Ss. to share their answers. T. has google forms open and is answering as Ss. contribute. 2. If there is a disagreement, T. tells Ss. to explain why they chose an answer and not another. Then, T. plays part of the audio file again. 3. T. congratulates Ss.
1. T. shares screen to show Google Forms that Ss. will answer and gives instruction BEFORE sharing link. 2. T. shares link for Google Forms and plays audio file for the entire group, as Ss attempt to answer. 3. T. tells Ss he will replay one of the four sections. Ss. vote and T. replays that section.
1. Ss compare answers in pairs (breakout rooms) as T. monitors.
1. T. nominates Ss. to share their answers as he shares his screen and answers Google Forms so everyone can see. 2. Ss. debate if there is a disagreement and T. plays audio for them again, specially if they are wrong.
1. Ss discuss in pairs (breakout rooms) the following questions: "Have you ever bought something that you've never worn? What was it?" 2. T. monitors
1. T. nominates Ss to share their partner's answers. 2. If Ss. say something interesting, T. highlights it.
1. T. shares screen with sentences containing mistakes made throughout the lesson 2. T. elicitis the correct form from Ss.