Copy of TP4 Roger
To provide practice of language used for making questions and answers in the context of deciding what to do
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of deciding what to do
Procedure (35-45 minutes)
T shares the screen to show two pictures and asks students to discuss some questions: What do you do on the weekends? What is your favorite place to go in your city? Students work in pairs/groups in breakout rooms and discuss. • Instructions: Discuss with your partners these questions. You have 2 minutes. • ICQs: Do I discuss the 2 questions or only 1? 2 Do I have 1 or 2 minutes? 2 T conducts OCFB by listening to a few contributions.
• T shares a screen for visual support. Show the students two texts about what to do in London. Have the students read the two texts. Decide which place is more interesting, and why? 2 minutes. • Instructions: Read the two texts. Answer, which place is more interesting, and why? 2 minutes. Individual • ICQs: Do we read Kari one texts or the two texts? TWO TEXTS Do we decide which place is more interesting or difficult vocabulary? INTERESTING PLACE. • Have students discuss their answers into breakout rooms. • Instructions: Discuss your answers with your pair. 2 minutes. • ICQs: Do you discuss your answers or read again the text? DISCUSS ANSWERS Do I have 5 minutes or 2 minutes? 2 MINUTES • T conducts OCFB by listening a few contributions.
• T shares a screen for visual support. T shows 4 sentences in the Google Form for gist reading to cover the MEANING of the target lesson. • T clarifies MEANING by using CCQs Example Does "would you like" describe what you like or I want to know what you like? I WANT TO KNOW Is "would you like" more polite than want or no? YES • T asks eliciting questions to cover FORM. Students tell T the order of the words in the sentence to structure the question and the answer. Only "would you like" "I'd like" "I'd rather" • Instructions: What is it first, the pronoun, or the verb? • T covers PRONUNCIATION asking students the sound of likings and the stress sound in the phrase. • Instructions: What is the stress word in the phrase? Example: X X Would you like wəd jʊ • T nominates students to give the correct answer.
• Students answer individually • Instructions: Choose the correct verb to complete the sentences and make them sense. 3 minutes. Individual. • ICQs: Do we choose the correct verb or the correct pronoun? CORRECT VERB Do I make sentences to have a sense or make questions? TO MAKE THEM HAVE A SENSE • Check answers in pairs/groups in breakout rooms. 3 minutes. • T conducts OCFB by checking the wrong answers with the class.
• T shares a screen for visual support. T asks students to think about their favorite place to go out in the city and think of three reasons why you want to go there. • Instructions: Discuss with your partners your three reasons why you want to go there. You have 10 minutes. • ICQs: Do I discuss the questions or why I want to go to my favorite place? WHY I WANT TO GOT TO MY FAVORITE PLACE. Do I discuss three reasons or four? THREE • T conducts OCFB.
• T conducts OCFB and asks for interesting information. • T writes on the screen samples of students' errors and encourages them to notice and correct the mistakes. • T conducts OCFB.