To provide students with gist and detailed reading practice using a text about coping in an emergency in the context of how to survive an earthquake and a charging bull
To provide students with fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of coping with the two emergency situations they read about
Procedure (35-42 minutes)
• Ss will write one point that they think the article will mention for each article • Ss will do it in breakout rooms to do the task and exchange ideas or help each other • T will demonstrate the task before sending them into breakout rooms
• Ss will find the meaning of four pieces of lexis through a guided discovery task presented by a google forms file with this link: "https://forms.gle/8aGW6nYaiezrUwTU9" • Ss will do this task in the breakout rooms with their partner • T will conduct the OCFB by letting the Ss give the answers • T will work on the pronunciation of those four at the end of OCFB which has been designed at the end of the answers' file with this link: "https://jamboard.google.com/d/1LF4725sHrW78wkHFp83YfQcZjVWVzopLGKp3tqCJDxc/edit?usp=sharing"
• Ss will skim read the text to check their guesses in the lead-in. Text and task will be provided through a google forms file with this link "https://forms.gle/HYVBU14V1GzqqV6LA"
• T will demonstrate the task and give the Ss 6-8 minutes to read and answer four questions based on the text through a google forms file with this link "https://forms.gle/ZcF6F1WB1B1sF3Bb6" • Ss should write the answer and refer to the line where they have found them • T will conduct OCFB by this file "https://jamboard.google.com/d/1YoFFhU2Ee6qYgDZ1nyay5eGFaqjEujAPmhs2exD64Nc/edit?usp=sharing"
• Ss will talk with each other about "what would they do if they were in those situations?" and "what are the things they can add to those recommendations?" in the breakout rooms • T monitors their conversation and tries to take note of good language they use and language that need to be improved • Ss share their ideas with the class where T can take more notes • T conducts DEC using the notes he has taken