Pr- intermediate level
To provide inference and gist listening practice using audios about positive thinking in the context of a chat show.
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of radio program
Procedure (29-44 minutes)
1. T. starts the lesson asking Ss about the effects of Corona virus on their country , and social life, to know whether they are optimistic or pessimistic. 2. T. shows two pictures and ask what does each picture means to them. 3. T. elicits answers.
2. T. encourages them to be optimistic and lead them to answer the question " Why is positive thinking is important to you?" on the slide and have a conversation. 3. T elicit the answers. 4. T Focus on the instructions and question. Tell Ss that the radio programme is a chat show where one of the guests is an expert on positive thinking. 5. T. prepares the audio and check that everybody can hear.
1. T Focus on the instructions and question. 2. T elicits the answers. 3. T. plays the audio for Ss to listen and answer the question. 4 T. checks the answers.
1. T asks the students to try to guess the missing words to fill the gaps. 2. T. puts them in pairs. 3.T.plays the audio once for Ss to listen and check their guesses and complete the gaps. 4. T. checks the answers. 5. T. gives the key answers
1. T.Plays the audio again for Ss to write down extra information, e.g. a reason or an example. 2. T. gets Ss to compare with a partner, and then play the audio again. 3. T. checks answers
1. T. asks Ss two Questions as a class: 1.Which tips do you think are the most useful? 2. Do you have any tips of your own? Write them please. 3. T. puts students in pair to compare their answer and share their ideas 4. T. gets the students'feed back.