Upper Intermediate level
To provide gist, specific information and detailed in the context of mysteries of everyday life.
To provide fluency speaking practice in a discussion in the context of surprising or interesting information about the human body
Procedure (37-48 minutes)
1. T will set SS into breakout rooms to discuss the following questions: Are you very ticklish? Do you often get hiccups? How do you usually cure them? Have you ever sleepwalked? What happened?
1. T will show SS some sentences and ask SS to answer a google form individually. (2 min) 2. SS will peer-check their answers via chat. (2 min) 3. T will conduct OCFB on task and clarify meaning/form/pronunciation drills. (2 min)
1. T will ask SS to open the Google Form and choose the sentence that best summarizes the listening. (4 min) 2. SS will peer check via chat (1 min) 3. OCFB
1. T will give SS the link to the Google Form. (1 min) 2. T will play the recording and ask SS to choose the words and phrases that best relate to the question. (5 min) 3. SS will peer check in break out rooms (2 min) 4. OCFB
1. T will give SS the link and ask them to answer as they listen. (1 min) 2. SS will listen to the recording and answer the form. (5 min) 3. SS will peer check in break out rooms (3 min) 4. OCFB
1. T will ask SS to discuss "Which information did you find the most surprising or interesting?" 2. SS will work in breakout rooms (5 minutes). 3. SS will come back to the main session and share with the class their partners' answers. 4. T will conduct DEC/content FB.