Upper Intermediate level
To provide clarification and review of the future perfect and the future continuous tense in the context of life in the future.
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of technology in the future.
Procedure (35-47 minutes)
1. T will start by asking SS how often they use the following and what for: email, phone, text messaging. 2. SS will discuss their answers in small groups using breakout rooms. 3. SS will come back to the main session and report on their partners' means of communication.
1. T will give SS the link to google form with the reading "Is the art of conversation dying?" T will tell SS they'll work in pairs to answer the questions. (6 min) 3. SS will come back to the main session, T will conduct OCFB (2 min)
1. T will give SS a link for them to answer, say they have (7 min) and then set them in breakout rooms. 2. T will clarify meaning of TL. (1 min) 3. SS will work in pairs again, T will give them their links while in the breakout room and SS will answer the activity. (4 min) 4. T will clarify form and drill pronunciation (3 min)
1. T will give instructions for the next activity: "Now, we're going to be answering this fill in the gap activity." 2. T will give SS the link and ask if they've opened it and if they can see the activity. 3. SS will answer it individually (4 min) and then go into breakout rooms to peer check their answers (2 min) 4. SS will come back to the main session and check their answers (1 min)
1. T will ask SS to discuss in pairs "What does your life look like in a year?" T will model "I imagine, that in one year, I'll be going to the gym at least two times a week." (1 min) 2. SS will have 4 minutes to discuss their future lives and then come back to the main session and share with the class. (6 min total) 3. T will conduct DEC/Content FB (2-4 min) 4. T will then say goodbye and introduce the next T: Gulled.