Grammar- Past Simple Used to/Would to
Upper Intermediate level
To provide clarification of be used to, used to, get used to and would in the context of telling stories from our past
To provide clarification and practice of language used for simple past in the context of telling stories and making suppositions
Procedure (35-45 minutes)
- Ss are exposed to a image and T ask them to guess what the text will talk about it. - T will give feedback, if necessary
- S will be asked to skim the text and find state and action verbs. (1 min activity) - T will provide a explanation to remind them (if necessary) what are state and action verbs ( The difference between action verbs and state verbs... Action verbs can have both simple and continuous forms. State verbs, on the other hand, do not normally have continuous forms.) - T get feedback and show the answers key
- T show an slide with the words used to, would, used to, get used. - Ss should to find the function of each one as group (2 min). - Ss give feedback to T with their opinions. - AK is showed to SS
- Ss should answer the question 5 in main room (they will have 1 min for this activity) - T shows AK - Ss will be send to groups again to answer question 6 (they will have 3 min) - T play audio 9.5 and shows AK.
- T ask the students to talk between them - what they used to do before covid-19? (they do not do it anymore) - what they are used to do at home normally? - what they got used to during covid-19 at home? - What they would after covid-19? - Ss will play a game if have extra time (average time 6 min), if is not, leave as a homework.