Speaking- Present Continuous- Calendar
Pre- intermediate level
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of making appointments
To provide review of present continuous in the context of making appointments
Procedure (40-51 minutes)
- T present the slide with next week calendar and give an example with an scheduled event. - T elicitate from Ss what tense is that and ask them to create their one. - Ss one by one present their sentence. - T proceed with feedback
- T play the audio and ask the Ss to read and listen the intonation, specially from B.. - T plays once more time, sentence by sentence and ask the Ss to repeat using the same intonation - Ss repeat each sentence while T monitor - T now play the whole audio
- T set the students in pairs to practice that conversation SS will have 3 min for this practice (exercise B). - SS provide feedback. - T provide ICQs and give Ss time to complete their calendar with different activities for three evenings next week. Encouraging them to write the activities with the verb in the infinitive, or without the verb, as this is how people normally put things in a diary, e.g. (go to) cinema with friends NOT I’m going to the cinema with friends.
- SS will be in groups for activity D, where they should find a night free to all do something together. - Ss will have 2 min to find out a night free. - In the main room the SS should they the T when and what they will be doing together.
- T shows an Image and Ask What is she/he doing? - Ss should guess and discuss about it
-T provide feedback correcting general mistakes in their pronunciation and production. - Ss will have time to make questions related to pronunciation here.