Pre- intermediate level
To provide practice and clarification of the sounds of letter g and the words lexis in the context of airport
To provide accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of airport
Procedure (35-45 minutes)
- T open the presentation on the slide " In the airport I can find..." - T give an example- In the airport I can find airplanes and ask Ss to try. - T separate them into groups to discuss during 2 minutes - T gets the feedback.
- T presents the 12 illustrations (SB- page 22) and elicit from them words and their meaning, the words might create confusion T will convey the meaning, for all 12 words T will elicit, concept check, drill and write.
- T check the words generates confusion T will elicit, concept check, drill, and repeat the stress of arrivals, customs, baggage reclaim, departure, security check and trolley. - T makes CCQs to check if hey understood the words. - T gets the Ss to give an example with any word they prefer from that list.
- T show the first question on board and set them into groups to discuss during 2 minutes - T ask the Ss to tell the answers from their classmates. - T show the exercise b and give the class 1 minute to match the images with words. - T gets feedback and show the key answers - T show the images again, covering the words and play audio 3.1, to check the pronunciation and stress. - T explain exercise D and play the audio. - T gets feedback.
- T start asking who is online, to be able to arrange the next activity. - Play role- T give to each Ss characters, passengers with lost baggage, baggage reclaim attendant, lost passenger (looking for gate number 31), information attendant, security check attendant and passenger without passport/ID, they will be send to groups. - T explain the activity and the rules, making ICQs.(Are you going to tell what is your character? No...) - Ss in their group must to find the proper character and ask questions to fix their problems. They will have 5 minutes for this activity. - T gets feedback and finish the class.