Upper intermediate level
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of describing feelings.
To provide clarification, practice and review of words to describe feelings in the context of a conversation.
Procedure (36-46 minutes)
1. T will introduce herself and start the class by asking SS to go to the poll and answer. (1 min) 2. SS will answer the poll. (3 min) 3. T will show SS their answers and comments on them (1 min)
1. T will tell SS about herself using the useful language. (2 min) 2. T will ask SS to infer the meaning of some of the phrases. If they express positive or negative feelings. (1 min) 3.T will give SS the link: "Are you seeing the form?" 4. SS will answer the form. (4 min) 5. In pairs, SS will check their answers (2 min) and then come back to the main session to do OCFB.
1. T will show SS a slide with the answer key of the last activity. OCFB. (1 min) 2. T will show SS a slide with the form of the language. (2 min) 3. T will show pronunciation and intonation, using choral drills. (2 min) 4. T will show SS slide with four questions, T will ask SS to think of their answers and write them down if they want to. (2 min)
1. T will explain the task: "I'll put you into breakout rooms, there you'll discuss with your classmate what makes you happy, what you love, what you find annoying. Every three minutes I'll switch your breakout rooms and you'll discuss with a different person the same thing." (2 min) 2. SS will complete the task several times (at least 2 times) (5 min/each) (15 min)
1. T will conduct feedback on language based on the monitoring of the task. 2. T will conduct DEC.