To provide practice of the present simple tense in the context of TV shows
To provide gist reading practice using a text about day-to-day life in the context of celebrities of TV shows
Procedure (37-47 minutes)
T shares the screen to show two pictures and asks students to discuss some questions: What is your favorite TV show? Who is your favorite character on that TV show? Students work in pairs/groups in breakout rooms and discuss.T conducts OCFB by listening to a few contributions.
• T shares a screen for visual support. Show the students a picture of Kari. Have the students predict at what time she gets up, has breakfast, stars work, and learns her lines. 2 minutes in pairs. T send students to breakout rooms to discuss • Instructions: Look at the picture and think on the time Kari gets up, has breakfast, stars work, and learns her lines. 2 minutes in pairs. • ICQs: Do we discuss Kari time or my time for doing these things? KARI TIME Do we work in pairs or individuals? PAIRS • Have students read individually "Behind the Camera" text to check their answers. • Instructions: Read the text and check your answers individually. 2 minutes. • ICQs: Do we read to discuss the text or to check our answers? TO CHECK OUR ANSWERS. Do I have 5 minutes or 2 minutes? 2 MINUTES • Students answer a Google Form for checking their answers. T shares the link to Form with options. 2 minutes. • Have students compare answers in breakout rooms. 2 minutes • Instructions: Compare your answers in pairs. 2 minutes. • T conducts OCFB by providing an answer key.
• T shares a screen for visual support. T shows 4 sentences in the Google Form for gist reading to cover the MEANING of the target lesson. • T clarifies MEANING by using CCQs Example Does "get up" describe what she usually does or the past? SHE USUALLY DOES. Does "get up" happen right now? NO • T asks eliciting questions to cover FORM. Students tell T the order of the words in the sentence for present simple tense. Only I, You, We, They, and positive question form. • Instructions: What is it first, the pronoun, or the verb? • T covers PRONUNCIATION asking students the sound of difficult vowels or consonants for Spanish speakers and the stress sound in the phrase. • Instructions: What is the stress word in the phrase? Example: X get up • T nominates students to give the correct answer.
• Instructions: Choose the correct verb and order the words to make sentences. 3 minutes. Individual. • Students answer individually • ICQs: Do we choose the correct verb or the correct pronoun? CORRECT VERB Do I order the words to make sentences or to make questions? MAKE QUESTIONS • Check answers in pairs/groups in breakout rooms. 3 minutes. • T conducts OCFB by checking the wrong answers with the class.
• T shares a screen for visual support. T shares some questions with the students. • Instructions: Discuss with your partners these questions. You have 10 minutes. • ICQs: Do I discuss the questions or write the answers? DISCUSS QUESTIONS Do I discuss it with my partners or with the teacher? PARTNER • T conducts OCFB and asks for interesting information. • T writes on the screen samples of students' errors and encourages them to notice and correct the mistakes. • T conducts OCFB.
• T conducts OCFB and asks for interesting information. • T writes on the screen samples of students' errors and encourages them to notice and correct the mistakes. • T conducts OCFB.