TP 6 - Writing
To provide product writing practice of a review in the context of movies
To provide gist reading practice using a movie review
Procedure (46-55 minutes)
- T greets learners. - Ss discuss the question: "What's the movie you never get tired of watching? Why?" in breakout rooms, they will have 4 minutes to do so. - OCFB
- Students analyze the text and identify one or two relevant features of layout.
- Ss analyze the text and identify relevant language conventions according to text-type, genre, and audience.
- Ss practice completing sections of a similar model text.
- Ss write a text similar to the sample previously analyzed with the intention of using the conventions of the genre in a freer manner.
- T uses whiteboard to highlight mistakes and correct them.