for students to practice new vocabulary words in the context of arts and culture
for students to produce sentences using the vocabulary words in a speaking activity
Procedure (33-45 minutes)
- Greet the students - Show the students the picture and elicite a story. "These are my best friends, Hiba liked Miguel for a long time, we told them they should go on a date and see what happens..." - Present the question "what can they do on their first date?" - Discuss as a class and engage the students in a conversation
- Present the WhatsApp chat and ask the students the read it, and then ask them to answer the gist task by typing in the chatbox (to make sure all the students are clear) and then give feedback quickly - Look at the WhatsApp chat again and look at the target language.
- Present the other slides and elicit information from the students "what is this? where is it?" and then "what do we do? (we go to 'this place' or we 'watch' a movie)"
-Present the clarification slides with the meaning, form, and pronunciation. - elicit information from the students, "how are these words similar? (watch, movement)" present the word and then elicit and clarify the meaning "something with/without movement"
- Present the controlled practice, clarify that the words are in different verb tenses. - Work on them individually and then check in pairs. - Feedback
- Present the freer practice - Send the students to breakout rooms with different people this time and ask them to speak to each other. - Come back to the main room and ask the students to go back to rooms and discuss them with a new partner. - In the main room, give some quick feedback. - Present the error correction slide and ask the students to work on them in pairs and correct the sentences. - Feedback