To provide clarification and practice of daily routines in the context of daily life
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of daily life
Procedure (24-36 minutes)
1. I will display a picture and say:" Look at this picture and talk to your partner about it for 2 minutes." 2. I will ask some ICQs: Are you going to talk or to write? To talk How much time do you have? 2 min 3. I will divide students into breakout rooms. 4. Once students come back to the main session, I will elicit answers and ask them:"How do we call all these things we do during a day? - Daily routines."
1. I will display the matching task and say:" Match words/phrases with pictures. You have 3 minutes " 2. I will model the first 2 words. 3. I will give students 3-4 minutes to complete the task. 4. I will divide them into breakout rooms to check their answers. 5. I will elicit 2-3 answers from them and display an answer key.
1. I will clarify the most challenging words for students. MFP
1. I will display an exercise and say: "You need to use words from the box and fill in the gaps" 2. I will model for students the first two sentences. 3. I will give them 5 minutes to complete the task individually. 4. I will divide them into breakout rooms to check their answers. 5. I will display an answer key and ask if they still need clarification for any word.
1. I will say: "Tell your classmate about your daily routines. You have 5-6 minutes to do it." 2. I will send them to the chat box useful language. 3. I will demo for them this task. 4. I will divide them into breakout rooms. 5. I will join the rooms and monitor students. 6. I will take notes in order to provide a feedback. 7. Once students come back to the main session, I will elicit some answers and provide a language feedback.