Listening lesson (2)
for students to practice listening for specific information and details in the context of winning a lottery and making plans.
for students to practice reading for gist in the context of winning a lottery and making plans.
Procedure (34-45 minutes)
- Greet the students. - Show the pictures and do ECDWS with the word lottery. - Present the lead-in activity. - Discuss the activity as a class.
- Pre-teach useful vocabulary words for the lesson. Use ECDWS.
- Present the slides and instructions - Read the article individually to set the context and for gist. Ask some questions, what is this article about. What happened etc. - Present the prediction task to the students, show the first example, and then work in pairs. - Feedback in the main room. Write their ideas on the whiteboard.
- Present the listening activity slide. Read the instructions and the question. - Play the listening activity and ask them to tick their answers. Replay the audio if needed. - Check the answers as a class.
- Present the follow-up activity. - Send the students to breakout rooms and discuss them in pairs or groups. - Report what their partners think and said. - Give feedback - Present the error correction slide. If there's extra time work on them in pairs, if not do it as a class.