For students to understand and use the new vocabulary words relating to houses
For students to learn how to use prepositions correctly
Procedure (37-49 minutes)
-Greet students, and engage in a conversation before the lesson starts. -Present the title of the lesson and inform the students of the aim of the lesson (vocabulary). -Start the lead-in activity and ask the students to discuss the questions in breakout rooms with a peer or peers. -Return to the main room and discuss the answers and try to write them on the slides, if not talk about them and move on. - Set the context of the lesson. (learning new words relating to houses) -
- Inform the students that we will be learning a few vocabulary words relating to the topic. - Present the slide and go through each vocabulary word. - Show the pictures relating to the words and try to elicit them. - First, read the word aloud and ask them to repeat with the correct pronunciation and then explain the meanings of the word. - Drill the word. - CCQ the definitions.
- Present the prepositions slide. - Explain how and when they are used and show the examples. - Present the next slide and tell them that they will work on them to see if they understand.
- Present the activity and ask students to work on them individually at first and then in pairs. - send the students to breakout rooms and then come back to the main room. - Present the next slide with the audio and check the answers. - Ask the students if anything is unclear and if they need further explanation.
- Present activity 2. - Ask the students to think about the exercise and send them to breakout rooms and answer the questions with a partner. - When they are in the main room, play the audio to check for answers and elicit and show the parts of the house. - If the students are unsure about the definitions, explain them.
- Present the slide and ask students to skim through the questions individually and quietly. - Send them to breakout rooms so that they can discuss what they think the answers might be. - Come back to the main room, ask them to share their answers, and use the answer key. - Ask the students if they have any questions.