Phrasal verbs with'Get'
- To learn the meaning of phrasal verbs with ‘get’
- To provide speaking practice of phrasal verbs with 'Get'
Procedure (8-45 minutes)
• T nominates one S to ask the first question ''Who is your favourite actor''. then SS ask each other the rest of the questions
• SS asked to underline the phrasal verbs among the words given share the answer with the whole class. Then T Assigns Ss to read a conversation between two people. T projects a picture of two people and gets Ss to guess their job. "They are actors". Then T Tells the ss they're (Peter and Susan are now working on a film together and are having a chat about working on their latest film. Then T Writes the following questions on the board. "Are Peter and Susan enjoying working on their latest film"? Ss asked to read the dialogue and answer the above question. . Ss read again to underline phrasal verbs with 'get' T models one example SS work individually and share the answer with the whole class.
• Assign Ss to match the phrasal verbs with the meaning. T models the first one then they check their answers in pairs before they do it as a whole class. T asks some CCQS e.g. 'get on with' Do I like the person or I hate him? , 'get rid of' Can you give me another word ‘for get rid of ‘ 'Remove or throw'. Then T explains the form by asking Ss to match the phrasal verbs 1 preposition or two propositions as a whole class discussion.
Ss asked to complete the sentences with the phrasal verbs Ss think about their answers before they check in pairs. Monitor and help where needs. FB – Show them the right answers Then T drills some sentences to check pronunciation .
- Ss are asked to answer the questions:1) Who gets at you? What about? 2) Tell about how you got over a disappointment. 3) Is there anyone you don’t get on with at work/ university? 4) Do you prefer to get rid of old things or keep them forever? get SS to use the phrasal verbs in their answers. -T gives Ss time to think about their answers before they discuss their ideas. -T supports Ss to speak by giving clear instructions. Ss work in pairs/small groups to check the answers. Monitor and help where needs.