To provide clarification and practice of sports lexis in the context of Sporting superstitions
To provide accuracy and fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of Sporting superstitions
Procedure (29-39 minutes)
- T greets Ss - Ss answer couple of questions related to sports in pairs. - T monitors silently
- T pre-teaches lexis from the lesson
- T focuses on compound nouns such as 'football pitch'
- Ss answer activity 'c' abound compound words in pairs - T monitors silently - T gives feedback - Ss answer activity 'a' as a whole class. (verbs related to sports in past simple) - Ss discuss their answers - T doesn't give the answers right away
- Ss practice speaking in the context of sporting in pairs - T monitors - T discusses with Ss their answers - T might get involved in the activity in the end