Copy of Reading ( Extreme Places)
To provide gist and scan reading practice using a text about TOP 5 MOST EXTREME PLACES TO LIVE IN THE WORLD in the context of Suggestion for moving to interesting places (Travel)
To provide clarification of extreme places , climate, local in the context of Travel
Procedure (21-30 minutes)
Teacher greet students warmly and kindly.
1. Teacher introduces the topic of the passage indirectly and asks students to share any relevant information they have. 2. Teacher shows some fascinating pictures to elaborate on the topic and expose ideas about the topic. 3. Teacher asks some questions to activate students minds.
1. Teacher divides the class into 3 groups of 3 members. Group: A Group: B Group: C 2. Teacher asks students to have a look at photos in the reading part and discuss in their groups which photo is most interesting to them. 3. A member of each group voluntarily share his/her friends' comments.
1. Teacher asks students to skim the passage to choose the correct item of the question. 2. Students should announce the correct items after skimming 3. Teacher asks students to scan the text. 4. Students should answer T/F question related to the topic while scanning. 5. Teacher asks individuals to say whether each sentence is T/F
1. Students discuss question (2) in part (5). 2. A member of each group voluntarily reports his/her groupmate's experience.
1. Students gives an A3 sheet to each group. 2. An extreme place is written on each sheet. 3. Students should discuss what items are necessary to take with themselves when they travel to the particular extreme place. 4.Students should make a list of the necessities discussed. 5. Groups have a gallery walk and observe eachother's lists