To provide product writing practice of an article in the context of public transport
To provide clarification of some lexis in the context of public transport
Procedure (45-55 minutes)
- T greets Ss - T asks Ss some questions about public transport How do you move around the city? What is the most expensive public transport? What is the best for sightseeing? What is the healthiest? What is the safest late at night?
- T pre-teaches words related to public transportation - T elicits and models the words - T ask CCQ to make sure Ss understand
- T sends Ss to breakout rooms in pairs to discuss and answer activity "a" - T checks Ss answers In activity "b" - T assigns one question from the article for each pair to infer from the article. - T checks Ss answers In activity c -T asks Ss to compete the gaps with preposition - T makes sure that this is a whole class activity - T monitors Ss while discussing their answers
- T tells Ss that they are going to write a similar article about public transport in their (nearest) town / city. - T Tells them to use headings as in the article, language from the article. - T sets a time limit for Ss to write their article. (10 mins)
- Ss should check their work for mistakes before giving it in. - T gives feedback for couple of Ss