Vocabulary & Speaking
The students will be able to practice and produce the strong and normal adjectives in different contexts
The students will be able to use the adjectives accurately by asking and answering questions in different contexts
Procedure (43-53 minutes)
- The T asks the Ss to think of the pic - The T asks the Ss to compare the 2 pics. - The T takes feedback as a class
- The T shows 3 sentences and asks the students to complete the sentences from the words in the box. - The T asks St to work individually - The T asks Ss to work in pairs then check - The T gives feedback
- The T asks CCQs. 1- are you tired or very tired after 9 hours of cycling? 2- is it cold or very cold -15? 3- Can we say very freezing? No 4- Can we say very cold? yes
- The teacher clarifies and checks meaning from the context, - The T explains the form of making agreement between the adjective and the adverb Ex very cold / absolutely freezing -The T highlights pronunciation of some adjectives. - The Teacher drills the stress on adjectives and adverbs Ex: VERY tired / ABSOLUTELY EXHAUSTED
- The T explains the hard vocab in terms of the meaning and the pronunciation - The T checks the student's understanding of the keywords by CCQs - The T answers and explains number 1 as an example in exercise B to the make the activity easier and clearer to the students. - The T asks the students to work in pairs to answer Exercise B. -The teacher plays the audio in Exc C - The T checks the students answers.
- The T explains the the instructions and gives an example for exercise D. - The T demonstrates how students can say and pronounce the questions correctly taking into consideration the importance of the stress. - The T asks the students to ask each other in pairs the exercise D. - The T checks some of the students' answers and checks the fluency and corrects the pronunciation if necessary.
- The T asks Ss to ask each other the questions in E in pairs. - The T takes Ss feedback and asks some students about their partners' answers.