Present simple questions. QuASI
To be able to understand how to construct a present simple question
To learn some new vocabulary
Procedure (39-53 minutes)
- T greets Ss. - T asks Ss present simple questions. - T asks Ss when do we use present simple.
- T explains to Ss about ASI - T Elicits the meaning of every question word. - T demonstrates the usage of QuASI
- T helps Ss to remember the correct word order. QuASI
- T double-checks that Ss know which auxiliary verb is used with what subject.
- Ss answer exercise 2 ' word order in questions' in pairs. - T checks Ss answer.
- T explains exercise 3. - Ss answer the question word exercise in pairs. - In exercise 5, T elicits "do you" with a strong a strong student. Do you work? Where ______ work? - Ss answer the exercise in turns.
- T put Ss in pairs A,B to have a conversation using the groups in exercise 5. - If there is an odd number, then make a group of three. ( strong student )