9th grade level
To provide clarification and practice of Movies genres
Enhance speaking skills
Procedure (42-57 minutes)
-Teacher greets students and ask them how they're doing -Teacher plays the gesture game with the students to entice motivation
- Teacher shows students some posters of famous movies and ask them what are they. - Teacher ask students about their favourite movies.
- In the middle of asking students about their favourite movies teacher will ask some of the students why is the movie they mentioned their favourite movie, in order to elicit a movie genre.
- when the teacher elicits the targeted word , he will ask the students what's this, then teacher may mention some famous movies and ask the students what does the movie talk about ( Romance, Action, mystery...) - with the help of the students the teacher lists down the target language ( Romance, Action, Mystery, Thriller, Horror, Science fiction)
- The teacher will write down on the board definitions of the movie genres mentioned earliee and ask the students to match them with the right genres. Action : Movies that contains a lot of running, fighting and killing.. Romance : movies about relationships and love. Science fiction: movies about the future Horror: movies that aims to scare people. Comedy: movies that tries to make people laugh. Mystery: movies that not everyone can understand.
- The teacher will play some scenes from some movies and students will be given the chance to guess the genre. - whole class feedback
- Students will be asked next time to deliver a presentation of 2 minutes in which they wil talk about their favourite movie