quantifiers with countable and uncountable nouns
By the end of this lesson , Ss will be able to;1-Identify quantifiers.2- Identify countable and uncountable nouns 3- Use quantifiers ( much, many, alot of ) correctly 4- Use a ,an , and some correctly 5-Match appropriate quantifiers to countable and uncountable nouns
Ss watche a video and listen to a song that contains the TL
Procedure (28-40 minutes)
- T makes Ss stand in two lines . -Everyone should have a partner. -T states rules( when I say 1 , every student high fives his/ her partner..Ss practice twice . When I say 2 , Ss sit down and stand up again.. Ss practice twice . When I say 3 ,Ss turn around 360..Ss practice twice. - T says 1, 2 ,3 in different sequences.
-T brings some pictures of a book ,an apple , money, and rice. -T asks Ss to say what is everything of the previous ones. -T makes Ss repeat using a,an ,some.
-T pre-teaches the vocabulary( ingredients, judge).... 2 minutes .....the MPF is attached -T tells Ss that they will watch a video and then answer some questions -Ss will answer individually, they have 2 minutes. -T asks ICQs ; 1- Will you work individually , in pairs , or in groups? - Individually 2- How many minutes will you have ? - 2 minutes -T writes the questions on the board 1-How many ingredients does Alfie have? - five ingredients 2-How many ingredients does Oliver have? - six ingredients - T displays the video -T checks answers. - T tells Ss that they will watch the video again to answer ( more detailed ) questions .They have 2 minutes and they will answer individually. -T asks ICQs ; 1- Will you work individually , in pairs , or in groups? - Individually 2- How many minutes will you have ? - 2 minutes -T writes the questions on the board; 1- What ingredients does Alfie have? - A lemon , an apple , some garlic , some butter and some chicken livers. 2- What ingredients does Oliver have ? - A steak, some red peppers , some potatoes, cream , onions and some giant prawns. -T checks answers .
-T divides Ss into groups of 5. -T tells Ss that they will answer the questions in the worksheets in groups . They have 2 minutes -T asks ICQs; 1- Will you work individually , in pairs , or in groups? - In groups 2- How many minutes will you have ? - 2 minutes -T gives the handouts. -T corrects the worksheets as a class. -THE QUESTIONS; * fILL IN THE GAPS USING A, AN , SOME, ANY , MANY, MUCH , OR ALOT OF . 1- I don't have ............. friends. 2- Do we have ..............bread? 3- She has ...................nice car. 4- There is not .............data to download . 5- There is just .............egg left in the basket. 6-I want ........................orange juice. 7- This road is crowded . There are ...........cars. -THE ANSWERS; 1- Many 2- Any 3- A 4- Much 5- An 6- Some 7- A lot of
- T carries '' Stand up, Pair up, Hand up'' - Ss will stand up in pairs -T tells Ss that they will have pictures. When T says pair up. every student should high five his/ her partner. - When T says hand up, Ss start to look at the pictures and describe them to their partners. Ss on the right hand will start. Ss have 3 minutes . - T asks ICQs; Will you work individually , in pairs , or in groups ? - in pairs How many minutes do you have ? - 3 minutes. Will the Ss on the left start ? - No, Ss on the right.
- T uses Round Robin with some modifications - Ss sit in groups of 4 - T tells Ss that they will write the name of theuir favourite recipe and the ingredients the need to make it.( 1 minute ). - When T says round , Ss start to share their content with their groups. Ss will speak in the alphapitical order of the names . ( 4 miutes ) - T monitors * T carries out the RUN AND FIND game . - T sticks 5 photos on the wall at the end of the classroom. - T divides Ss into groups of 5. - T tells Ss that they have 2 minutes to run and find the photo that matches each sentence and run back to the group to tell them the name ( it is written under each photo ) - Each time, a different student will go. - T asks ICQs ; 1- will you work individually , in pairs or in groups ? - In groups 2 - How many minutes do you have ? - 2 minutes 3 - Will the same student go every time? - No, a different student . - T gives the handouts - The sentences ; 1- ................has many pens . 2- ...............doesn't have much water. 3- ...............has a lot of money. 4- ...............has a brown cat . 5 - ,............is wearing an orange skirt. - The answers 1- Maha 2- Ramy 3- Fahd 4 - Shahd 5 - Reem
- T carries out the HOT SEAT game - T divides Ss into two teams , each team has a representative . - The representatives sits on the chair with their backs to the board . - T tells Ss that he / she will write some words on the board , and Ss of each team explain it to their representative without saying the words . They have 20 seconds each time .Then , it is the other team's turn . - T asks ICQs ; 1- will you work individually , in pairs , or in groups ? - In groups 2 - Will the team members say the words ? - No 3 - How many seconds do you have each time ? - 20 seconds . - The words; 1 - a lot of water 2 - many people 3 - an eggplant 4 - a cell phone 5 - a notebook
- T carries out THE MYSTERY BOX game - T puts the mystery box on the desk . - T tells Ss the he / she will nominate some Ss to come to board and put their hands in the mystery box , then describe what they see in the cards taken out using the TL . T will ask follow - up questios . They have 30 seconds . - T asks ICQs ; 1 - will you work individually , in pairs , or in groups ? - Individually 2 - How many seconds do you have ? - 30 seconds e.g. ( a student takes out a card of a notebook . T asks ' How many notebooks do you have today ? A student takes a card of some apples . T asks ' Do you like apples ? '
-T uses a song that contains the TL to wrap up the lesson in a fun way