SMART English Week 4 Day 1
Intermediate Core level
In this lesson, students will be able to learn and use at least 10 informal phrases in conversations.
In this lesson, students will be able to guess meaning of new words from the context.
Procedure (101-120 minutes)
- (f1) T tells ss the lesson aim of the day. - (f2) Ss discuss questions looking at pictures. - Whole class feedback.
- (f3) Ss discuss the collocations. T then nominates ss to match them on the board. - Whole class feedback. - (f4) Ss then put the collocations in their categories. - Whole class feedback
- (f5) Ss discuss questions and predict what the text is going to be about. - Whole class feedback. - (f6) Ss predict info about the 3 men. - Whole class feedback.
- T gives 1 story to 1 student to check their predictions. (Split reading) - T reminds ss they won't read all 3 stories. - Whole class feedback to check info on F6.
- (F7) Ss read questions on flip and T reminds ss to underline info to those questions. - The, T give handout and ss answer questions. - T reminds ss they won't be able to answer all questions. - T takes away the stories. - Ss check in their groups. - T regroup ss so each group would have all 3 stories. - Ss then tell each other their stories. - Ss answer the rest of the questions together. - Whole class feedback.
- (F9) Ss discuss questions in groups. - Whole class feedback.
- (F10) Ss guess missing letters that form strategies to guessing meaning of new vocab. - Whole class feedback. - (F11) Ss then try it on their own. - Whole class feedback. - (F12) Grass skirt for Controlled Practice - (F13) Optional Less Controlled Practice - (F14) Freer Practice - Ss act out their conversations. - Error Correction.