SMART English Week 3 Day 5
Intermediate Core level
In this lesson, students will be able to produce a 1.5 min speech answering 4 questions about a famous person they admire.
In the end of the lessons, students will be able to give more detailed feedback using a form provided.
Procedure (100-120 minutes)
- Ss play Kahoot to review things learnt in the unit. - Ss do test for 40 mins. - Correct test paper. - Whole class feedback.T highlights tricky questions. - (f1) T tells ss the aim of the day. - (f2) Ss watch a song and write down as many names of celebrities as possible. - Whole class feedback.
- (f3) Ss discuss and then T nominates ss to put the photos in the right categories.
- (f4) Ss watch and check their predictions. - Ss also number the people in the order they are mentioned. - Whole class feedback.
- (f5) Ss watch the video and fill in the table given. - Whole class feedback.
- (f6) T elicits from ss answers to questions. - (f7) After giving out handouts, ss highlight sentences. Check with their partners. - Whole class feedback. - (f8) Analyse and exploit material. - (f9) Ss use notes to draft speech. - Then rehearse, record, listen and use feedback form prepared to give feedback. - Ss then stick forms around the room for everybody to read. - Delayed feedback/ Error Correction. - If time allows, ss can take it in turns to speak with a partner for further feedback.