SMART English Week 3 Day 4
Intermediate IELTS level
In this lesson, students will be more able to answer 10 multiple choice questions of IELTS Listening with some listening strategies.
In this lesson students will be able to practise 3 IELTS Part 3 questions and give each other feedback on them.
Procedure (96-120 minutes)
- Ss take Kahoot quiz to test and understand more about IELTS Listening module. (f2) - Whole class feedback. - Ss talk about the experiences on a boat or train (f3) - Whole class feedback
- (f4) Ss predict what facilities will be mentioned in the recording. - Whole class feedback. - T asks ss why prediction before listening is important. - Whole class feedback. - (f5) Ss familiarise with the diagram by answering questions in pairs. - Whole class feedback. - (f6) T draws ss' attention to the gaps and predict what info could the answer be. Then, match the phrases. - Whole class feedback.
- Ss listen and fill in the gaps - Whole class feedback
- (f8) T tells ss to underline key words, but ignore choices. - Whole class feedback. - (f9) Ss match synonyms. - Whole class feedback. - (f10) Ss listen and answer questions 6 to 10. - Whole class feedback. - (f11) T recaps listening strategies learned with a game. (The Alphabet Game)
- Ss do listening on their WB pg - Whole class feedback
- (f12) Ss take it in turns to ask each other questions on the board and answer. - Then, ss record their answers. - After whole class feedback, T then reveals standard answers. - Ss can then prepare and record their answers the second time. - Ss listen to each other's recordings. Give feedback using Speaking descriptors.
- T puts good and bad language - Ss discuss and correct them. - Whole class feedback. - Assign homework.