To provide practice in reading for gist and guessing words in the text
To provide practice in speaking in the same context
Procedure (45-56 minutes)
- Give the Ss some qualifications of the reporter (Clever,fast,handsome) - Ask them to rate them according to their importance (Not important, not very important, very important) - Discuss their answers.
- Give the students a matching task which includes some words mentioned in the article that students might not understand their meaning . - Ask the students to answer the task individually . - Ask the students to check their answers in pairs. - Give feedback . - Ask the students to read the title of the article and think about the kind of personality they need to be a good political reporter.
- Give the students the article and ask them to read it individually to put a heading in each gap : 1) The challenge. 2) The contestant. 3) The teachers. 4) The training. 5) The program - Ask them to check their answers in pairs. -Give feedback.
- Ask the students to read the article again. - Give the students a task includes some definitions. -Ask the students to find a word for each definition from the text. - Ask the students to check their answers in pairs . - Give feedback.
- Divide the Ss into A and B - Give the Ss a sheet includes some questions about the article. - Ask them to ask each other and the one who will remember most about the program will be the winner. - Ask the Ss if they think that Jessica will pass the test and why. - If we have extra time: - Show the Ss different kinds of reporters. - Ask the Ss: Which kind of these reporters would you like to be ? Why ? - Discuss their answers.