To provide practice in reading for gist and guessing the meaning of words in the text in the context of stressful daily routines .
To provide practice in speaking in the same context .
Procedure (33-40 minutes)
* I 'll say to ss " How are you today ? " * I 'll tell the ss about my daily routine: " I get up at 7 o'clock and I pray .Then I walk up my daughter Karma and have our breakfast at 7:30 . Then I go to my work at 8 o'clock and I comeback at 1 o'clock . At 1:30 I cook lunch and do some housework . At 9 : 00 I prepare the dinner . After dinner , I watch TV . At 10 I go to bed . " . * I 'll ask ss to write 7 sentences about their daily routine in 2 minutes then I 'll ask them to read these sentences for their partners in 2 minutes and I will ask them about their routines .
* I 'll focus on the title of the text and the photo of Luisa and elicit the meaning of a single mother ( I'll ask ss some CCQS : Is she has a partner ? Does she look after her children alone ? ) then I 'll explain that this is an article from a British newspaper and professor Parker gives her advice . * I 'll write these questions on the board " How stressed Luisa is ? ( i.e. very , quite or not very stressed ) " and " Is her routine good or bad ?" . Then I 'll ask ss to read the article in 3 minutes and check the answers of these questions in pairs then I 'll get feedback from a few ss .
* I 'll ask ss to read the whole sentences which contain highlighted words in 2 minutes then I 'll give them a task " match the words and definitions . " in 3 minutes .Then I 'll ask them to check their answers in pairs . * I 'll ask some CCQS for every word ( word by word ) and ask ss to repeat after me then I 'll write the word on the board .
* I 'll write five questions on the board : 1) what time does Luisa get up ? 2) Does Luisa have breakfast at home ? why (not) ? 3) Does she go out in the evening ? why (not) ? 4) What does she do after dinner ? 5) Why does she cycle to work ? * I 'll ask ss to read the article again and answer these questions in five minutes then check their answers in pairs in three minutes .
* I 'll ask ss to close the paper of the article and I 'll set the task of communication Louisa's day , A on p.108 , B on p.111. * I'll put ss in pairs and take it in turns to test their partner's memory of the text by asking the questions they have been giving and I 'll draw two bubbles on the board and I 'll write in one of them " I think it's ..... " and write in the second one " No , it's .... " and I 'll told the ss that they could use these sentences in their answers . Then I 'll ask ss to return to the article and check their answers in pairs . * If I have extra time , I 'll give ss task " match Luisas