Term 7-Tourism// Week2//Session1
To provide clarification and practice of E-Travel in the context of Online Travel
To provide specific information and detailed listening practice using a text about E-Travel
To provide speaking practice in a E-Travel
Procedure (61-84 minutes)
Ex. Take off 1) What is ICT? 2) T explains the differences between **online travel agents. **Home-based travel agents. **Supplier websites. 3) Metasites/data aggregators 4) What is the power of ICT? =Dynamic packaging. 5) drawbacks of Dynamic packaging = reliable advice (Quality of the product). 6) Do you think this is the reason why high street travel agents are still popular? 7) what is the job of the travel agent (high street or home-based)? 8) Ss read the 4 questions and answer together in pairs. 9) T explains the hard words in the questions.
1) Ss brainstorm about the e-travel topic. 2) Answering the 4 Qs in the form of brainstorming.
1) Ss discuss in pairs the meaning of the Vocabulary Ex. 1
1) Ss read the definition and try to match. 2) T reads the definition with the ss and clarifies the meanings. 3) T asks ss to match after clarification. 4) Ss check answers in pairs. 5) T writes the answers on the board.
1) Ss read the questions and check in pairs and online the answers. Ex 3. 2) Ex 4. Open debate (ask ss the pros and cons of working from home) 3) Ss discuss the topic in pairs and then brainstorm on the board. 4) OR make a team of advantage and disadvantages (Convince the other team).
1) T explains the title. 2) Explain term of "Chain of distribution". Ex.1. 3) Discuss in pairs, which of the Vocabulary terms has an impact on "traditional chain of distribution". Ex.2. 4) Listen to the audio, Ss should take notes and mention which terms does he mention. Ex.3. 5) Ss read the questions in 1 min. Ex.4. 6) Ss listen again and answer the question while they listen. Ex.4. 7) Ss answer the question in pairs. Ex.5.
1) Brainstorm the meaning of "good and bad time manager". 2) T explain the meaning of Time Audit "refer to the footnote". 3) Ss discuss in pairs the Do's and Don'ts.