Unit 6, (cultural studies)
9th Grade level
By the end of his lesson students will have had some new cross cultural awareness
By the end of this lesson students will have reviewed vocabulary related to clothing
Procedure (33-45 minutes)
- The teacher greets the students. - The teacher will play '' Simon says '' with the students to review body parts and also break the ice
- The teacher will show the students pictures of people from ( Scotland, India, Kenya, Japan ) wearing their traditional clothes, and ask the students to find out the country and the name of the clothes they're wearing. - After finishing the teacher will ask the students if they know any special clothes that Moroccan's wear in different parts of the country, for example in Sahara they wear what we call Deraa. - The teacher gives the students 10 minutes to think about it in groups, then get the feedback.
- The teacher asks the students to go to page 56 and he reads for the students the paragraphs and explaining difficult words in the process. - The teacher asks the students to do exercise 1 on page 56. - Whole class feedback.
- The teacher asks the students to in pairs write a small paragraph about the dressing traditions of some country and bring it next week
- Students do exercise 1 and 3 on page 57, the last one will be done collectively