Body and Clothes
9th grade level
To be able to inquire about the availability of specific items and respond
Learn some vocabulary that is related to clothes
Procedure (45-59 minutes)
- Teacher will introduce students to the different colours in English.
- Teacher will rely on pictures to teach the following vocabulary items ( jacket, pants, pyjamas, ) - The teacher will drill with the students to assure the right pronunciation. - the teacher will teach the following phrasal verbs through acting( take off/put on/turn on/turn off).
- The teacher will show the students the pictures on page 50 and ask then to make predictions about the text. - The teacher write down the predictions on the board.
- students read the dialogues for the first time and see if their predictions were correct. - The teacher read the text out loud to model pronunciation. - The teacher gives somestudents the chance to read. - The teacher asks students to do exercise number 1 on page 51. - Through analyzing the dialogue in exercise number 2, students try to fill in the blanks. - Students check in pairs. - Whole class feedback.
- The teacher provide students with other vocabulary items in order for the students to use them like the preceding dialogue. - Teacher invite students to perform the dialogue in pairs
- Teacher askn students what does a command mean - Teacher ask students to match the commands to the pictures in pairs. - Whole class feedback. - Teacher try to clarify through the following ccqs. - When given a command should we do it or not? - when given a command what comes first verbs or pronouns. - who usually give commands, adults or the children - Students do exercise numberb4 on page 51 - Whole class feedback.