Present simple 3
9th grade level
Students will be able to ask questions using DO and Does and respond to them with short answers
To provide clarification of the different forms of the present simple
Students will be introduced to countable and uncountable nouns
Procedure (36-57 minutes)
- Teacher review with students " making offers and responding to them "
- Teacher shows the students a picture of couscous and ask studdents the following questions: * Do you like couscous? * Do you know how to make it ? * does your mother know how to make it ? - Teacher elicit answers and correct when neccessary and writing everything on the board for the students to notices.
- Teacher ask students to read the dialogue and fill in the table with what's highlighted in red. - Teacher write down a table for the students to copy down on their notebooks.
- Teacher ask students to do exercises 2 and 3 on page 36 and 37 and exercise number 1 on page 16 W-B - students check in pairs followed by a whole class correction.
- Teacher introduces students to countable and uncountable nouns relying on visual aids and some drilling to assure students got the right pronunciation of the presented vocabulary