By the end of the lesson, learners will have had the chance to speak about food in the context of a cooking programme.
By the end of the lesson, learners will have had the chance to listen to a cooking programme and learn names of some ingredients.
Procedure (36-49 minutes)
1. Show Ls pictures of meals that teacher had the previous day. 2. Ask Ls to discuss what they ate the day before. 3. Ask Ls to share what they have discussed.
1. Show Ls pictures of different male chefs in Egyptian cooking programmes 2. Elicit from them their names and jobs 3.Introduce the listening task
1. Play part of the audio and elicit from Ls the name of the programme. 2. Play another part and model first one 3. Play the rest of the audio and stop at every ingredient 4. Display answers using the PPT 5. Drill pronunciation and spelling of words
1. Give Ls time to prepare ingredients for an Egyptian dish 2. Regroup Ls and ask them to share their ideas and talk about the ingredients of their dishes. 3. Regroup them again to give them the opportunity to speak to more people
1. Write mispronounced words on the board 2.Model and drill