9th grade level
To provide clarification and practice of Present simple
Enhance students deductive skills
Procedure (30-50 minutes)
- The teacher will provide clarification if the following vocabulary items : ( live/work/play/bark/ride ). - some will be clarified through pictures and the other through examples.
Teacher will play a game with students in which he makes some gestures that symbolizes some verbs that the students have already been exposed to and the class gives choral feedback.
- The teacher asks students to do exercises number 3 in page 29 on the students book. - Students check in pairs. - Teacher get the feedback and write the answers on the board moreover he adds the S when neccessary using a different colour.
- Teacher ask students to figure out why in some cases we add s and and some we don't through noticing the last exercise and the dialogue in a page 28 in pairs.
- Teacher ask the students to fill in the table in page 28 using the verbs highlighted in red in the dialogue in pairs. - Teacher get the feedback and correct if necessary.
- Teacher asks students to do exercise 2 on page 29 on Focus students book and exercise 1 in page 12 on Focus workbook. - Students check in pairs. - Teacher get the feedback.
- Teacher will give students an exercises that includes 5 sentences, the latter are not in the correct order. - Students will have to reorder the sentences in order will to get the correct structures in pairs. - whole class feedback