Dates and Months
Elementary, A1-A2 level
To provide clarification and practice of Dates and Months vocabulary in the context of birthday and holidays
To provide accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of national public holidays
Procedure (28-39 minutes)
* T will ask Ss about the date of the day and then say it's her best friend's birthday. * Ss must talk to their partners to see if they are good in memorizing dates. * Feedback will be open-class
* Ss are divided into groups and they have to put the cards given to them on the board in the appropriate seasons. ICQs: Do you write something? No Do you put your months in the correct seasons? Yes * The feedback will be given by the students themselves.
* Ss are shown the "first" ordinal number card and asked where it should go ( Which month is number 1?) * Ss must match the rest of the ordinal numbers with the months in groups. * Feedback will be open-class
* Ss will receive the coursebook HO to check the spelling of the ordinal numbers and months. * Ss will repeat the pronunciation of the ordinal numbers. * T will write this sentence on the board: My birthday is .....May. My birthday is ......5th of May. The Qatar Olympics are ....2020. and elicit prepositions of dates, months.
* Ss receive a HO containing dates in numbers and they have to write the dates in letters, individually (Part 2(a)). ICQs: Do you write or talk? Write Do you work with your partners? No * Ss do the peer check. *The feedback will be given to them but for checking the pronunciation some of the answers will be checked orally.
* Ss have to ask their partners the questions in part (b) and write the answers. ICQs: Do you ask your friends? Yes Do you write down their answers? Yes * Ss are put in different groups and they have to talk about their previous partners.
* Ss must talk about the question written on the board in their groups. "What days are public holidays in your country?" ICQs: Do you talk about important dates of Turkey? Yes Do you Say the dates in English or in Turkish? English * Ss will share their ideas with new partners and compare to find similar dates. * Feedback on content will be talking about the similar ones. *Feedback on language accuracy will be delayed error treatment.