keeping in touch
To provide clarification of new vocabulary about different ways of communications
To provide reading for gist.
Procedure (45-59 minutes)
* I'll play with the students a game to encourage them to engage in the lesson. * I'll write the word " communicate" on the board in disorder letters then ask them to guess the write order of the letters.
I'll show them a video which related to different ways of communications.
* I'll show them some pictures on ppt file to illustrate the meaning of each picture. * I'll ask them if they know the meaning of the picture or can guess the meaning using words which can express the meaning.
* Show them pictures and ask them to describe each one by using extreme words. then ask them if they know the meaning of extreme meaning ? then try to elicit its meaning and using the white board to clarify the meaning to them. * Elicit the meaning of (interview , express , keep in touch , feeling, face to face, giving opinion, joke , public) using pictures in ppt.
* I'll give the student a hand out to match the picture to the correct meaning. * I'll ask them to work in pairs to answer the questions. * I'll monitor them while answering to check their understanding. * Open class feedback.
* I'll show them some pictures and write some words and ask them to work in pairs and write sentences using the words to describe the pictures. * I'll ask ICQs to check their understanding.
I'll ask them to work in groups and talk to each other about the different ways of communications.