Copy of TP2 - Present Simple Tense
To provide students controlled practice of their receptive and productive skills with the use of Perfect Simple Tense.
To provide controlled practice by giving learners the gist and specific information of Sam's interview . Learners will have a practice on their reading comprehension by identifying certain information to understand effectively the context of Present Simple Tense. Learners will have an understanding on how to formulate sentence of Present Simple Tense. Learners to explicit effective listening skills by identifying correct information on the audio. Learners to have understanding and confidence in speaking interrogative structure of Simple Present Tense.
Procedure (18-45 minutes)
- Introduce self - Know students and get comfortable - Ask if they like movies, who is their favourite actor and why. - Use powerpoint presentation to elicit questions about the visual. For example. " What can you see in this picture? what is happening? What do you think the interviewer is asking the actor? Do you think their life is exciting? - Correlate this to the previous topic of the actor about his interview.
- Introduce the reading exercise using Present Simple on Activity 4, p22 from face2face Elementary Student's book. - To let them familiarize with the sentence structure by noticing the highlighted sentences in the reading text. - Give them the handouts and exercise gist reading for 1 minute.
- Get their attention and ask them questions from the text and using Powerpoint to show the answers. - Nominate students to answer a question. a. What time do you get up? b. What did the interviewer say? c. What time do they start work? d. What time do they have lunch?
- To focus on Activity 4, p22 from face2face Elementary Student's Book about finding the verbs - The answers will be presented on powerpoint. - CCQs highlighting the S - V agreement
- Explain the Activity 6, p23 from face2face Elementary Student's Book to write sentences about their daily routine. - Ask ICQs to avoid confusion. - Give Ss time to answer - Check answer by nominating students to share their answers - Give FB
- Use listening Activity 7, p23 from face2face Elementary Student's Book about Sam's interview. - Give instructions to gist read the sentences first then answer it while listening to audio. - Ask ICQs - Give out Activity - PW to check answers. - Give FB
- Lead in with questions using Present Simple sentences. - Explain the form and how to distinguish it from the sentences. - Give instructions to the next Activity 8, p23 from face2face Elementary Student's Book - ICQs to avoid confusion - PW - Give time to answer then FB
- Explain the next activity. ICQs to avoid confusion - Place students in pairs and get them to answer Activity 9, p 23 of face2face Elementary Student's Book - Monitor on their progress Check answer then FB