Describe a favourite place to eat
To improve Ss speaking confidence and ability to talk about where they like eating and why
To widen Ss' vocabulary concerning eating in places
Procedure (39-46 minutes)
1) Pictures on board - lines under the pictures. Point and get Ss to work out what they are.
1) With the help of pictures, get Ss to say different ways of getting food. (eating in.., ordering, getting takeaway etc) 2) Different categories of food (chinese, indian etc) 3) I like eating here because ..... - Its my fav because ..... - the atmosphere is good because .... (after written ideas on board from Ss, do drilling)
1) Provide them with my own activity - a conversation between two people about where they like eating and why --- this will introduce them to important vocab and give them ideas 2) Tell students to read 1 min 3) If on track with time, they can roleplay A and S in pairs
1)Prepare for speaking task --> Ss take notes about what they are going to say (1a) 2) Tell them they can refer to useful language box/and or my activity. 3) Tell them to remember partner's choices -- needed in next task
1) Take turns telling each other about your favourite places to eat and why. 2) Monitor Ss and help conversation if necessary 3) Content feedback - what did they learn about previous partner 4) Language feedback (errors, good points)
1) Allow Ss to note down important info from previous partner and prepare their sentences. 2) Monitor and help if necessary with prompts
1) Swap pairs 2) Elicit instructions by giving examples (talking about previous partner). 3) Monitor if necessary to help with prompts
1) Write down some useful sentences that have been spoken 2) If any errors, explain and teach correct version on WB.