Elementary A1/A2 level
To introduce and give students practice in present simple ,Wh-questions and Yes/No questions in the context of daily routines.
To provide practice of present simple in the context of daily routine and enable students to practice speaking for accuracy .
Procedure (42-54 minutes)
* T shows them pictures with a clock about daily routines * T elicits verbs related to the pictures (wake up , have breakfast, start work,sleep ) * Ask Ss to share with their partner their routines activities in pair * T will monitor Ss and write some of their routines activities and write on the WB
* T will underline verbs in the sentences from previous stage on the WB and i will clarify (Verb) for them . * T elicit the meaning of verb . * CCQ will be asked : which one is activity ? ( have breakfast) * HOs ( EX:4) will be given to Ss and ask them to underline verbs individually *ICQ : Are you going to do exercise by yourself or in pair ? *check their answers in pair * feedback will be given in the whole class by reading verbs
*T will begin with the meaning and ask them ( do we get up every day ?)( is it just one time or routine? ) . Now T will highlight simple present . * T will show them (I,YOU,WE,THEY ) with verb like : They start work at 8. * Ss will be asked to do exercise 8 and write 3 sentences about their daily routines individually . * Check in pair * While monitoring write some of their sentences and write on the WB
* T will write a sentence on the WB and ask them to identify the stress on words * Ss will listen to an audio track 51 * HOs are given to Ss and ask them to read sentences * T will play again * Ss will mark stress on words individually *check in pair * feedback will be given to the whole class
* HOs will be given to Ss (EX.7) *Ss should fill the blank with word box ICQ: Alone or in pair *check in pair * I will write 5 words on the WB
* T will put pictures on the WB and write question for each pictures *elicit when do we use (where /when/what time ) * CCQ : DO WE USE WHERE FOR TIME ? *T will highlight to show ( DO ) and establish that DO has no meaning but is used to make a question with (I /YOU/WE/THEY) * Ex 9 will be given to Ss and ask them to fill the table alone * check their tables with their partner * T will ask some of Ss to write on the WB
* HOs(EX10) will be given to Ss and they should order words to make a questions individually *check in pair *feedback