Speaking - Meeting People
This lesson should provide students with an opportunity to practice their speaking skills and also allow for some grammar/reading practice
A secondary aim is for students to improve their sentence production skills
Procedure (43-50 minutes)
1) Write 'meeting people' on the board (brainstorm). Ask/explain what this means. 2) Ask for emotions they may feel when meeting people. Give example(s). 3) Go over the pronunciation of these words through drilling.
1) In pairs ----- "How do you feel about meeting people for the first time?" (Emotions) 2) (Help) On board -- "When I meet new people for the first time, I feel ........" (emotions should be on board from before"
1) Show students the video - "Don't write, just relax and watch this video". 2) Ask class how Robert feels
1) Ask students to read the statements but "don't write anything" 2) Is it true, false? ---Tick for true and cross for false ---- "by yourselves" 3) Watch the video. 4) Check in pairs and then as a class.
1) Chest HO and point to activity 3 (work by yourselves) 2)"Circle the correct answers" ----- "For example" -do number 1 on the board and circle the correct answer. 3) Before playing video to check answers, ask students to listen carefully to key phrases.
Chest HO - "Fill the gaps". Mime and maybe do an example on the board. Work alone
1) Chest HO - Change/edit the names and phrases in gaps using your own ideas. (Groups of three) 2) Assign A,B,C to students and ask them to practice the conversation (3 mins)