listening for gist and specific information module 2 Memory
To provide gist and specific information listening practice using a text about Memory in the context of First meeting
To provide fluency speaking practice in a discussion in the context of First meeting
Procedure (45-55 minutes)
- show the Ss a photo of you with a famous person - ask them " Have you ever met a famous person ? if not who would you like to meet the most ? why ? - let them discuss in pairs.
- explain the word "stand in line" by asking the Ss to stand up and and stand in a line, if you faced any problem call the Ss name and you stand them for example (Hossam stand here Salma stand here, ..... etc.) - explain the word "accidentally & bump into " by holding the eraser and wander in the class and hit yourself in anything and ask them you did then on purpose or it was by mistake - explain the word "gorgeous and bucket" by elaborating for the first and a pic for the other - Double check the pronunciation of the word "barman"
- get the Ss attention - hold up the work sheet - chest it and tell the Ss "listen and match the speaker with the character " - ask ICQs - hand out the work sheet - play the audio - monitor - give feedback if necessary
- get the Ss attention - tell the Ss "listen again and write where and when each of teh people met" - check instruction by asking ICQ questions - hand out the blank papers just in case they don't have - play the audio - monitor - give feedback
- get the Ss attention - divide the Ss into 3 groups of 3 - chest the questions and tell the Ss "discuss these questions with your group" - monitor - give feedback if necessary