Things you like and don't like
To provide clarification and practice of vocabulary about things you like, don't like, love and hate in the context of favourite and free time activities
To provide clarification of when to use a noun or a v+ing after "love, like, don't like and hate" in the context of personal life
Procedure (38-53 minutes)
- T will show the students pictures of four faces to set the context of the lesson. - Students should give their opnion about the pictures. - T elicits the meaning of love/like/don't like/hate from the students.
- T tells students 4 sentences using the target language. - T asks sts to work individualy and think of 4 sentences using the target language. - T tells sts to share their sentences with their partner.
- T explains the meaning of each word. - T writes them on the board and show their form. - T drills each word chorally and individually.
- T gives handouts to sts and tells them to take a look at the photos. - T asks sts to answer exercise 1 while working in pairs. - Sts will asnwer the exercise.
- T explains to the sts that they can use nouns or v+ing after the verbs taught. - T tells sts to answer exercise 3b. - Sts work individually. - T tells sts to compare their answers with their partners.
- T asks sts to work individually and answer exercise 4a. - Sts start answering the exercise. - T tells sts to compare their answers with each other. - T asks students to write 3 sentences about themselves using the TL. - Sts all stand up and share their sentences with each other.