Copy of Lesson 1_Consuming Passions
Upper Intermediate level
To provide gist and detailed reading practice using a text about Hobbies in the context of Examples: Adventure sports, cooking, dancing, wine etc.
To provide review of Verb forms; i.e. tenses in the context of Hobbies
Procedure (26-36 minutes)
T starts discussion with Ss and they respond to guided question of what is the 'most interesting hobby you have ever tried.
1. Ss work in pairs and assess images and determine appropriate title. 2. Ss then read very short text and determine association to images.
1. Ss read article and determine title provided from three choices given in handout. 2. Poll taken to determine top title (1, 2 or 3)
1. Ss review article and underline examples for six things provided in handout. 2. Ss share results verbally with class.
1. Ss write there own summary of their personal interests for the CV. 2. Work in pairs to review for grammatical errors, spelling, etc.
1. Ss post their CV write-up on walls for group to review. 2. Ss review each write-up for key factors: a. Most interesting b. Most humorous c. Most Inspiring 3. Ss work in groups of four/five to determine winners
Ss with winning write-ups stand up in class to present their CV sections for all to hear.