Present Simple Typical Friends and Free Time Activities
To introduce/review and give Ss practice in Present Simple – wh- questions & short answers in the context of who we live with
To provide practice of the present simple tense in the context of who do we live with by using wh- questions
Procedure (65-94 minutes)
• Show students the picture of a family living together. • Ask students to predict who they are. • Ask students to work in pairs asking the question do you live with your parent. • Elicit some answers.
• Show the reading to students by using the projector. • Tell students to scan the text and underline the questions in the text. • Demonstrate an example with them. • Give students the reading text. • Ask students to work alone
• Ask students to check their answers in pairs • Do whole class feedback by eliciting answers from students
• Show the students the exercise 2 by using the projector. • Do a demonstration with them. • Drill the question for pronunciation. • Give students the HO. • Ask students to do the matching task. • Students work alone.
• Do whole class feedback
• Draw a grammar table of Wh- questions on the Wb • Explain students the form order. • Write two sentences on the Wb. • Elicit answers from students. • Give students exercise 2 • Ask students to work in pairs.
• Do whole class feedback by nominating students to write the sentences on the board
• Show students Extra task from the teacher’s book. • Model questions and do drilling . • Ask students to work in pairs and match the wh- words with sentences.
• Nominate students for answers
•Ask students to interview their partners by asking the questions of Extra
• Ask students to change the questions he/she questions. • Ask students to change partners. • Ask them to talk about the first person they interview.
•Tell students write a small profile about each other.