WAYS OF SPEAKING
INTERMEDIATE, B2 level
To provide clarification and practice of ways of speak in the context of reporting verbs
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in a group work
To provide product and process writing practice of ways of speak in the context of reporting verbs
Procedure (43-51 minutes)
- Show the Ss pictures using smart board - Ask them the question "what are they doing? -Try to get some verbs they know not essentially related with the topic or the verbs you are going to teach. - The students give some answers. - Say the Ss:" All the pictures are somehow related with speaking. Today we will learn some more verbs about ways of speak."
- Give the Ss vocabulary HO - They will try to match the verbs with their meaning. - The Ss work alone - Monitor the SS - After they finish the activity they will make peer check. - There may be problems with some verbs like "accuse, quarrel, demand,deny" - Elicit the verbs from the students explaining them in a different way. -Ask some CCQs - Give the answer key using smart board - Drill all the verbs.
- Give the Ss gap filling HO -The Ss work alone -After they finish the Ss check their answers (peer check) -The Ss check their answers unfolding the paper.
- Put the Ss in groups (two or three groups) - Give them the HO (a diagram for ways of speak) - Give them maximum 10 mins to complete the diagram. - The Ss discuss about the verbs in their groups and write the verbs in correct gaps. - After they complete the activity, each group stick their diagram somewhere in class - All students stand up and check the other group's answers. -They put tick or cross for the answers. -The Ss sit back to their seats -Give them aswers key to check their answers (copy)
- Put the Ss in pairs -Give them the HO -They make the exercise in pairs -Give W/C feedback.
- Set the Ss in groups Group Pink Group Blue - Give them the HO for writing activity - The Ss will speak in their groups and try to write as many sentences as they can using the given verbs - Demo the first one - Give them 7 or 8 minutes to write their sentences - Groups stick their answers on the wall or board - All the students stand up and check the sentences -They can put tick or cross for the sentences - They can add new sentences if they want to. -Give delayed feedback