Utku Gürel - TP#8 - Tuesday - 06/05/2014
A2 - Elementary level
To provide review for simple present tense and present continuous tense
To provide practice for Wh questions
To provide listening for specific information
Procedure (36-48 minutes)
- I will ask questions to the students about what I am doing in front of the board. I will stand, sit down, look out of the window, scratch my head, jump, run and try to elicit description in continuous tense. - I will also ask some questions in simple present tense in order to make the students realize the difference between two tenses and ask some questions to the students about their jobs, where they live and what they are doing at that moment. - I will ask the students if they like parties and what they like to do in a party.
- I will check the necessary vocabulary items; Musician, Cigar, Wine, Upstairs and elicit the words from the students, show parts of the speech and stress on the board. - Give instructions for the exercise, give out handouts and play track 11.1 two times. - Draw the table on the board and tell the students to peer check with their partners. - Students come to the board to write the answers, class check and give feedback.
- Show the handouts photocopied from teacher's book. Give instructions and model the exercise with two examples. - Give handouts to the students. - Monitor and give feedback for good and bad language on the board.
- To warm-up the students, I will ask what they do in the park and draw their attention to the picture on the handout then I will tell them to find the things in the picture. - Peer check for the answers. Drill the pronunciation of the words chorally and individually.
- In order to introduce Whose and possessive pronouns, I will use the classroom materials for practice. I will also take some personal possessions from the students and ask questions. For example: "Whose is this? Is it Musa's?" - I will write the question "whose is this" and the sentence "It is mine" on the board to indicate them visually. - I will give ask questions for all possessive pronouns. (yours, his, hers, ours, theirs and mine)
- Give instructions for the practice 1 on page 85. The students will choose the correct word and check with their partner. - Show the slide with the answers.
- Tell the students to shout 1 when they hear whose and shout 2 when they hear who's. Stop the recording after each sentence and play again if necessary. - Elicit answers from the students.
- Introduce the word mess by eliciting it from the students. - Give instructions. The students listen the track 11 and check their answers with the partners. - Students answers the questions and write them on the board