vocabulary (Problems and Solutions)
by the end of this lesson Ss are better able to use phrases and lexis related to problems and the solutions in their writing and speaking
Ss would use the target language in their speaking and writing
Procedure (43-52 minutes)
- Ss are asked to write down as much problems as they know, and any relevant phrases or sentences in their group/pairs. - Ss are asked to write down some solutions for the problems that they have written
- Ss are given some hand-outs on which a sentence is written, each sentence is part of an a whole story, therefore, Ss are supposed to put the sentences in order. target languages are bold in each sentence. - T monitors - T gives feedback
- Ss are given another hand-outs to match the phrases or lexis with their meaning, they are asked to work in pairs. - each pairs are asked to check their answers with other pairs. - T monitors, and help them if necessary - T gives Ss the correct answers
- T shows Ss another sentences in which specific target languages had been made bold, to ask some CCQ: + SYMPATHETIC *Were they kind to me? (Y) *Did they want to help me? (Y) *Did they sorry about my problem or happy? (sorry) + INTUITION *Is it just a feeling or a fact? (feeling) *Are you sure about your feeling? (N) *Is it about a specific situation or your general feeling? (Specific situation) + CARE *Dose he have any problem? (Y) *Is he worry about something? (Y) *Is he sad? (Y) + SORT *Does she have problem with money? (Y) *What will I do for her? (help her) *Will her problem be solved? (Y) + CONCERNS *Is human rights important for us? (Y) *Are we worry about it? (Y) *Do we feel any problem? (Y) + IGNORE *Can we pay no attention to the problem? (N) *If we ignore something, are we obsessed by it? (N) *Is it a good idea to ignore your parents? (N) - Ss are shown another slide on which some sentences that includes the target languages are written, Ss are asked to work in pairs and figure out the part of speech of target languages. - Ss are asked to pronounce the shown words on the next slid of power point, T drill it each words individually and in phrases.
- T puts some papers on the floor and asks Ss to turn the papers one by one and find a match one, the focus of this activity is on collocations and phrasal verbs. - Ss are asked to make a sentence with the phrases they have found when the T throws the ball to them and they have to throw the ball to each other.
- Ss have to randomly choose a sentence about the frank's problem and each students are supposed to write a sentence to complete it using one one the phrases they have.
- Ss are asked to write a sentence to complete the story and pass the paper to the other Ss. at the end one of them should read the whole story out loud. - T gives the feedback