To provide clarification of appearance description in the context of listening.
To provide specific information listening practice using a text about appearance description in the context of advertisement
Procedure (35-45 minutes)
1. Introduce myself in case there is any new student. 2. Ask new SS, if there are ones, about their names. 3. T displays pictures of two different people and asks: • What is the difference between the people in the two pictures? 4. T demos by saying: In picture 1" He's young while in picture 2 he's old." 4. T invites ss to discuss in pairs. 5. For content feedback, T elicits SS answers.
1. T sets the context by saying that they will listen to Leo and Tina choosing someone to advertise a new chocolate bar. Listen and put the people they talk about in order. 2. T demos the first one. SS listen and complete. 3. SS check their answers in pairs. 4. SS listen again to check their answers. 5. T reveals the answer key. 6. T asks: Who do you think they will choose and why? SS discuss in pairs. 7. T asks for content feedback. 8. SS listen to track 15 to know their answers. 9. T asks for content feedback.
1. T displays some pictures to elicit the TL. Age: young - middle-aged - old Tall: tall - short Weight: thin/slim - fat/overweight look: beautiful - good-looking - attractive Color: White - Black - Asian Hair: bald beard - mustache blonde 2. T highlights MFP for each of the words. 3. T pays more attention to the new and the problematic ones: middle-aged, slim, over-weight, beautiful, good-looking, attractive, Asian, bald, a beard, a mustache. 4. T drills before writing the words using "He/ She is........." "He/ She has got............"
1. T says you will have some pictures and sentences. 2. Work in groups of 3 to put the description under the correct picture. 3. T. demos the first sentence. 4. Ss stick their work on the board. 5. T goes through the answers to give o/c feedback.
1. T sticks some pictures of famous people from the local context. 2. T explains that SS are asked to room around, jot down some notes about the description of three characters using the TL. 3. Describe each of them to his/ her partner. Partners are asked to guess the names. (SS change roles). 4. T demos the first one. 5. T monitors and take notes to provide delayed error correction. 6. T asks for content/ language feedback. 7. T writes some good examples and some faulty language examples (if there is any). 8. SS work in pairs to find the mistakes. _________________________________________________________________ If there is enough time, T will provide the SS with Freer-Practice 2 1. T says: Choose one of your family members and describe him/ her to your partner. 2. SS change roles. 3. T asks for content/ language feedback.